About Me

My photo
Javea, Alicante, Spain
I graduated from Acupuncture Colleges Sydney in 1982 and have been in private practice since.I have also been a lecturer at said college and internationally for a number of years as well as a board member of the Australian Acupuncture and Chinese medicine Association (AACMA)including 2 terms as national president. Moved to Spain in 2001 and set up practice in Javea and Moraira (Alicante) Modalities: Acupuncture, Chinese herbs, manipulative therapy and veterinary Acupuncture. Fellow AACMA. Honorary member Acupuncture Ethics and Standards Organization. Active member World Federation of Acupuncture Societies.

Wednesday 16 February 2011

Stress and Chinese medicine

Most of us have experienced it at least a couple of times, a lot of us suffer from it all the time.
There is a positive side to stress. Truly. It causes our body to produce more adrenaline, increases our heart rate, and as such helps it to respond quicker to unsuspected situations. This is known as the fight or flight response. Another hormone, cortisone is also produced through stress. This increases our blood sugar level, giving us more energy. Stress also helps us to stay focussed, concentrated and alert.
However, stress gives us many more unhealthy symptoms such as: high blood pressure, digestive problems, migraines , any kind of pain, insomnia, depression and even skin problems and stroke.
If you are experiencing stress it could be the result of any one or a combination of the following problems:
§  Emotional:
The breakdown of a relationship; the loss of a loved one or a pet. Shouldering a heavy workload; reaching the expectations others set for you; constantly having to perform in your job, profession or sport. Simply having to pay the bills.
§  Physical:
Taking on extra work, heavy training sessions.
§  Hormonal imbalances:
Such as PMS syndrome
§  Low blood sugar:
As a result of poor diet or inadequate exercise.
Possible stress-related digestive disorders.
§  Poor immune function:
Caused by poor diet and lifestyle. Recurring allergies such as hayfever and food sensitivities.
Possibly the result of chronic infection.

 What is stressful for you is very often different from what is stressful for your spouse, best friend or the person next door. For example: Some people like a change, other hate it. Some people enjoy speaking in public, others are terrified.
Can you protect yourself against it? Unfortunately, we cannot simply walk away from those things that created stress in the first place, like our job, financial problems, relationships etc. In fact trying to do so may make the stress worse. The first thing to do is actually acknowledging that you’re suffering from stress. Then there are many different approaches for managing it effectively by yourself such as exercise, meditation, massage, breathing exercises etc.
Stress from a Chinese medicine point of view
Chinese medicine tends to focus on the emotions that stress can create. In Chinese medicine the body and mind are connected.  Treating one always has an effect on the other. Different emotions relate to different organ systems in Chinese medicine. For example Anger affects the Liver function. One of the functions of the liver is to send energy (Qi) through the body , so anger will blocks the Qi flow, called Qi stagnation resulting in physical problems like a stiff neck and general muscle tension.
How does Acupuncture help?

For  stress related problems, acupuncture works by stimulating the body to heal itself.
Acupuncture treatment can balance the harmony in your body, putting everything back in tune and restoring the natural balance of your mental, physical and emotional functions.
Your Acupuncturist will specifically devise your individual treatment depending on the kind of stress you are experiencing, and its effects.
Generally after a treatment, you’ll feel much calmer, more relaxed and aware of the improvement in your sense of well-being.
The reason? Your acupuncture treatment will release the ‘Happy hormones’, body chemicals known as ‘endorphins’, which give you that ‘ great to be back on the road again’ feeling.
Acupuncture provides a drug- free alternative to help you manage the stress of modern society. It’s so simple and so effective, and it’s been proven over thousands of years.
Try it for yourself, but make sure you see a properly trained Acupuncturist for best results!

4 comments:

Tara Omar said...

Hiv disease for the last 3 years and had pain hard to eat and cough are nightmares,especially the first year At this stage, the immune system is severely weakened, and the risk of contracting opportunistic infections is much greater. However, not everyone with HIV will go on to develop AIDS. The earlier you receive treatment, the better your outcome will be.I started taking ARV to avoid early death but I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.As a Hiv patent we are advise to be taking antiretroviral treatments to reduce our chance of transmitting the virus to others , few weeks ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information on Hiv treatment with herbal medicine, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from Hiv her name was Achima Abelard and other Herpes Virus patent Tasha Moore also giving testimony about this same man,Called Dr Itua Herbal Center.I was moved by the testimony and i contacted him by his Email.drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com We chatted and he send me a bottle of herbal medicine I drank it as he instructed me to.After drinking it he ask me to go for a test that how i ended my suffering life of Hiv patent,I'm cured and free of Arv Pills.I'm forever grateful to him Drituaherbalcenter.Here his contact Number +2348149277967...He assure me he can cure the following disease..Hiv,Cancer,Herpes Virus,Lyme Disease,Epilepsy, ,Bladder Cancer,Colorectal Cancer,Breast Cancer,Kidney Cancer,Leukemia,Lung Cancer,Non Hodgkin Lymphoma,Skin Cancer,Lupus,Uterine Cancer,Prostate Cancer, fibromyalgia ,ALS,Hepatitis,Copd,Parkinson disease.Genetic disease,Fibrodysplasia disease,Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Syndrome,Liver/Kidney Inflammatory,Men/Woman infertility, bowel disease ,Huntington's disease ,Diabetes,Fibroid...

joy bella said...

Hi, I am Joy Bella from Houston, Texas, USA. I was living with HPV(human papilloma virus) for almost 2 years, I was not myself, my body was always itching with pains until I was on the internet searching for a remedy. So luckily, i was reading testimonials of clients who was cured of herpes by the amazing spell caster named Dr Oluta spell doctor from West Africa.I contacted him by email, and within 15 minutes he got back to me and ask of my details which i provide to him, he consulted his oracle and told me the solution to my problem and how to go about it, i did is he told me and about the two days i got the cure which he prepared and send to me through DHL service, i took the cure as instructed by him getting to two days i was cured, my HPV(human papilloma virus) was cured up. All thanks to the superb healing herbs of Dr oluta
You too can get in contact with him today if you wanna be cured from HPV(human papilloma virus) you having by email:  dr.olutaspellcaster@gmail.com or whatsapp +2349065326267
you can still get in touch with me to know more my cure, here is mine email joybella425@gmail.com 
Thank you so much great one.. I will continue to testify of your goodness to the universe.    

joy bella said...

Herpes is a serious and recurring disease which can't be cured through drugs or injections by the American doctors but the best way to deal with Herpes is by taking natural herbs medicine for it, I have read about DR OLUTA the great herbalist doctor who cure me from herpes with his powerful herbal medicine. I contacted him to know how he can help me and he told me never to worry that he will help me with the natural herbs from God!
After 2 days of contacting him, he told me that the cure has been ready and he sent it to me via UPS SPEED POST and it got to me after 3 days!
i used the medicine as he instructed me (MORNING and EVENING) and i was cured! it's really like a dream but I am so happy! for the people suffering from the following diseases, Cancer, hypothyroidism, Herpes, COPD, HIV, Arthritis, Hpv, Infections,Liver Disease, Autoimmune Diseases, Parkinson's disease,Lupus and more should contact him for his herbal medicine because i am a living testimony and i was cured of herpes and his medicine is legit. I sent him what he requested and he sent me his medicine which I took for 3 good weeks and today I am out here with a negative result. When I went for the test I was so happy after going through his medication. you can reach him through his email dr.olutaspellcaster@gmail.com or  whatsapp number:+2349065326267 

Ose White said...




FINALLY FREE FROM HERPES VIRUS
I thought my life had nothing to offer anymore because life became meaningless to me because I had Herpes virus, the symptoms became very severe and bold and made my family run from and abandoned me so they won't get infected. I gave up everything, my hope, dreams,vision and job because the doctor told me there's no cure. I consumed so many drugs but they never cured me but hid the symptoms inside me making it worse. I was doing some research online someday when I came across testimonies of some people of how Dr Oseremen cured them from Herpes, I never believed at first and thought it was a joke but later decided to contact him on the details provided and when I messaged him we talked and he sent me his herbal medicine and told me to go for a test after two weeks. Within 7 days of medication the symptoms disappeared and when I went for a test Lo and behold I was NEGATIVE by the Doctor Who tested me earlier. Thank you Dr Oseremen because I forever owe you my life and I'll keep on telling the world about you. If you are going through same situation worry no more and contact dr.Oseremenvadi@gmail.com or WhatsApp him via +2349056394313 he is good too to cure all type of disease and virus.1 HIV cure
2 cancer
3 diabetes
4 hepatitis
5 herpes.
You can contact if you are having any problem...